How to Create GLB files using Blender, the Unreal Engine, and Vectary
March 14, 2022
To create GLB 3D objects using Blender, Unreal Engine, and Vectary, you will need to follow these steps:
- Use Blender to create your 3D object: Start by using Blender, a popular open-source 3D modeling software, to create your 3D object. Blender has a variety of tools and features that you can use to create and shape your object, including modeling, sculpting, and texturing tools.
- Export your object from Blender as a GLB file: Once you have created your 3D object in Blender, you will need to export it as a GLB file. GLB is a file format that is specifically designed for 3D objects, and is compatible with many different software and platforms, including Unreal Engine and Vectary. To export your object as a GLB file, go to the File menu in Blender and select Export > glTF 2.0 (.glb).
- Import the GLB file into Unreal Engine: Next, you will need to import the GLB file into Unreal Engine, a popular game engine that is often used to create virtual environments and interactive objects for the metaverse. To import the GLB file into Unreal Engine, go to the Content Browser and select Import. Then, select the GLB file that you exported from Blender and follow the on-screen instructions to import it into Unreal Engine.
- Use Vectary to further edit and refine your 3D object: If you want to further edit and refine your 3D object, you can use Vectary, an online 3D modeling and design platform. Vectary has a variety of tools and features that you can use to make changes to your object, including modeling, sculpting, and texturing tools. To use Vectary, you will need to upload the GLB file that you exported from Blender and import it into Vectary.
- Export your edited object from Vectary as a GLB file: Once you have edited and refined your 3D object using Vectary, you can export it as a GLB file. To do this, go to the File menu in Vectary and select Export > glTF 2.0 (.glb). This will create a new GLB file that you can use in Unreal Engine or other software and platforms.
Overall, creating GLB 3D objects using Blender, Unreal Engine, and Vectary is a straightforward process that involves creating the object in Blender, exporting it as a GLB file, importing it into Unreal Engine, editing and refining it in Vectary, and then exporting it as a GLB file again. By following these steps, you can create high-quality 3D objects that are compatible with many different software and platforms.
Latest posts by Rick Canfield (see all)
- Top 10 A.I. Trends to Look Out for in 2023 - December 12, 2022
- An Introduction to Web4 and Hashgraph, A New Metaverse - December 10, 2022
- Media Management & The Metaverse - December 5, 2022
View all comments
Previous post Creating Worlds – Hosting a Metaverse Event (on Vatom)
Next post The Metaverse for Musicians